Top 10 Tips for Cleaning Services
Are you on DIY cleaning lately? Here are some tips to help you maximise your output with minimum efforts.
- List down what you want. It is always wise to list down your cleaning needs even before you meet the cleaning crew. This will save you time and confusion and get your work done in an organised manner.
- Know what products are being used. This is something most people forget to consider while hiring cleaning services in Canberra. Although most respectable firms use environment-friendly products, it is always good to do your research on the products used to clean your space.
- Compare the ratings and reviews. Please do not settle for one particular cleaning service without comparing it with its competitions. Given the fact that there are many firms providing cleaning services in Canberra, the competition is quite tight, and you will have multiple options to choose from. This is why it is essential to closely review the public reviews before settling on one service provider.
- Compare the rates. After you narrow down on a few cleaning services by comparing their ratings and reviews, you should ideally compare the hourly rates. Upon comparing the rates, you will have a rough estimate of the average rates in your locality. Do not go for rates that are drastically below the average.
- Check the certifications and license. It is important that the service provider you choose meets all the legal requirements of cleaning services in Canberra. If all the legal paperwork is in place, you can rest assured that you are in safe hands. In case of damage, you will also have someone to hold accountable.
- Be clear with the instructions. If necessary, you can also give the instructions in writing. This way, you ensure that the cleaning crew does not miss out on any assigned task.
- Keep track of the crew. Ideally cleaning services in Canberra provide you with all the necessary information about the crew. But in case they don’t, ask for the list of people they are sending over with their respective ID proofs.
- Decide the extent of access. It is smart to decide beforehand on the degree of access to your space you are willing to give the cleaning crew. You need to confirm it with the service provider if you necessarily have to be there when the crew arrives. If you want, and the service provider agrees, you can entrust the crew with the security code or keys to your house and leave the house without supervision.
- Put the valuables away. This goes both for documents or objects that are of significant importance. Clearing clutter and organising the valuables will save you from the misfortune of them getting misplaced or stolen.
- Avoid cleaning beforehand. There is no point of hiring a cleaning crew if you are going to do the cleaning yourself. Just declutter the space and leave cleaning and tidying up on the crew and give yourself a break.